Contact our precious metal experts and jewelry buyers today to receive a free quote on your sweeps, scraps and more. We take gold, silver, platinum and a wide variety of other precious metals.
- We Come to You: Our purchasing agent will come to your location, making it easy for you to get rid of your sweeps, polishings and other metal scraps. Simply contact us to set up an appointment for our gold and silver refining process.
- We Pay Cash: Our transactions are straightforward and easy. We don’t require complex reports or delayed payments. You provide the gold, palladium, platinum or silver, and we pay you for your precious metal on the spot, in cash.
- We Offer Fair Rates: As a full-service refinery, we offer unparalleled service and rates on gold, silver, and platinum refining. Our long list of satisfied customers testifies to our fair business practices. We use industry-leading methods to extract precious metals through gold and silver refining. This allows us to pay you the top price for your scraps, sweeps and more. It’s why we are the premier jewelry buyer in Glencoe, AL.
- We Buy It All: As the leader in gold refining in Glencoe, Etowah County, Gadsden, Hokes Bluff, and Calhoun County, AL, we put to use many items others overlook. Don’t leave potential profits lying on the floor. Contact our precious metal experts today about your:
- Batteries (Mixed & Assorted)
- Watch Band Scrap
- Spring Rings
- Industrial Gold & Silver
Southeastern Refining Company is your go-to source for assaying, gold refining and smelting in Glencoe, AL and the surrounding region. We provide the best rates possible to get you the most for your metals. Money in your pocket never came easier.
Do you have filings, sludge or other scraps for us? Call today to get a free quote on your next precious metal sale or platinum refining job. Contact us for an appointment at 256-546-0614.
For Your Information
The Troy System
|1 gram||=||15.4324 grains|
|1 gram||=||.643 pennyweights|
|1 gram||=||.03215 troy ounce|
|1.55517 grams||=||1 pennyweight|
|31.1048 grams||=||1 troy ounce|
|1 kilogram||=||2.205 lb. Avoir.|
|1 pennyweight||=||24 grains|
|1 pennyweight||=||.05 troy ounce|
|20 pennyweights||=||480 grains|
|20 pennyweights||=||1 troy ounce|
|14.5833 troy ounces||=||1 pound Avoir.|
|12 troy ounces||=||1 troy pound|
|16 avoir. 7000 grains||=||1 avoir pound|
|avoir. weight x .823||=||troy weight|
|1 oz. avoir.||=||.91 oz. troy|
|1 pound avoir.||=||14.58 oz. troy|
Colors of Gold:
- Yellow green, red, and white are produced by variations in the alloy. silver and zinc tend to give a green color, copper-red and nickel white.
- Gold Filled is made by joining a layer (or layers) of gold alloy to a base metal alloy and then rolling or drawing to the thickness required.
- Rolled Gold Plate is the same as gold filled, but of lower quality.
- Gold Electroplate is usually made by electrolytically depositing fine gold on base metal.
- Gold Solders are usually 2 to 4 karats less than the gold on which they are used.
- Sterling Silver is 925/1000 (92 1/2%) fine silver and 75/1000 (7 1/2%) copper.
- Coin Silver is 900/1000 (90%) fine silver and the balance copper. The same alloy is used for U.S, silver coins.
- Commercial Silver is a term applied to silver that is 999 fine or higher
- Foreign Sliverware contains varying percentages of silver. In some cases the fineness is as low as 700/1000.
- Silver Plated Ware is made by electroplating fine silver on a base metal alloy – usually nickel or Britannia metal, sometimes brass or copper.